This article is about acer systems.
Source The Acer Iconia W510 comes with UEFI Secure Boot enabled in Bios, which prevents booting from other devices. Disabling this works as follows on this device:
- Shut down the computer.
- Enter BIOS setup (Power + Vol Down)
- Enable BIOS password: Security > Supervisor Password. Do not forget this password, there is no easy way to reset it.
- Erase secure boot settings: Security > Erase all Secure Boot Settings.
- Disable secure boot: Boot > Enable or Disable secure boot check.
- Change Boot order to boot from USB first: Boot > Boot Priority Order
- Enable boot menu (optional): Main > F12 Boot Menu
- Save Changes: Exit > Exit Saving Changes
Format the boot drive with FAT32.